Online baccarat rules and tips (continued)
So let’s talk about online Baccarat most common rules in more details. Usually the online casinos offer playing with four, six or eight decks shuffled together. It is also usual when 12 to 14 gamblers play at a Baccarat table at a time, but this can only happen at live dealer casinos. The situation when an online casino player plays alone with the computer is by far more common.
More detailed Baccarat rules
Hand values at Baccarat online differ from other card games, but that certainly does not make them complicated. The score of the hand is the sum of all cards (take a look at what card values are in our previous article). It is important to remember that any sum that reaches two digits will drop the left digit. For example, a hand that consists of a 6 and a 7 would be 13. But in fact, after dropping the left digit the hand value is 3. A hand consisting of 2 and 4 is 6, so since there is no digit to drop the end hand value would still be 6! A hand consisting of 3, 7 and 10 is worth 20, which is in fact 0 points.
Interesting facts about Baccarat
Here are several interesting facts about the Baccarat game you may not yet know:
– The word Baccarat is used for cards or hands worth 0 (zero) points.
– The Best possible score in the game of Baccarat is 9 (also called ‘natural’).
– In the 1953 bestseller novel Casino Royal the secret agent named James Bond played Baccarat.
– It is a known fact that Baccarat first appeared in gambling rooms in France in 1490th. Aristocrats kept playing this game till early XX century.
– In 1920th there was a gamblers syndicate who called themselves the ‘Greek syndicate’. They played Baccarat in fashionable casinos in France, although not for a long time. Since they used all sorts of fraud schemes they were soon banned from the casinos and some got arrested.